RULES, REGULATIONS & AWARDS
The Valdez Qaniq Challenge is run according to the rules and regulations of the F.I.S. and any special requirements stated in the entry form, this web site: www.qaniqchallenge.com and participant race instructions. Offenses against any of these rules may lead to disqualification for current or future events and the forfeiture of any and all awards.
Skiers who are assigned to a specific course and race technique but ski and finish the race on the opposite course (Skate vs. Free-Style/Classic) will be credited for completing the race but will not be given a finish time, and will not be eligible for awards and will not be included in the official results.
There are no age limits – this is a first come/first to ski event. There are no refunds allowed for any reason. Entry fees are non-transferable between individuals or to future races. Unsigned entries will not be accepted and will be returned. Please remember – this is not a sanctioned race.
The race will proceed regardless of course or weather conditions. All skiers should be prepared for extreme weather conditions including snow, rain, blinding sunshine and wind & white-out conditions. Be prepared for open water river crossings on some trails. Though Valdez is considered one of the snowiest places on Earth, with average yearly snowfalls exceeding 300 inches – we cannot control the weather (we’re working on itJ), so please be prepared.
Plan ahead and remember, getting here is half the fun!
All results for the Valdez Qaniq Challenge will be based on the combined time for both days from your wave start time to when you cross the finish line.
Any skier in the Qaniq starting ahead of their assigned wave will be disqualified and not receive a finish time, or credit for completing the race.
Overall Finishers Awards:
- 1st Place Man/Woman: $2,000.00 each
- 2nd Place Man/Woman: $1,000.00 each
- 3rd Place Man/Woman: $500.00 each
- 4th Place Man/Woman: $250.00 each
- 5th Place Man/Woman: $200.00 each
- 6th Place Man/Woman: $150.00 each
- 7th Place Man/Woman: $100.00 each
- 8th Place Man/Woman: $75.00 each
- 9th Place Man/Woman: $50.00 each
- 10th Place Man/Woman: $50.00 each
Sourdough (50+) Division Awards:
- 1st Place Man/Woman: $100.00 each
Local Division Awards:
- 1st Place Man/Woman: $250.00 each
- 2nd Place Man/Woman: $100.00 each
- 3rd Place Man/Woman: $75.00 each
- 4th Place Man/Woman: $50.00 each
- 5th Place Man/Woman: $50.00 each